Monday, September 29, 2014

Snow on the Mountain!

It seems there is a nip in the air. or, rather, its beginning to feel a bit like winter.
I was thinking about what would we fun to do in Heritage, and quickly I thought of a rather pretty, little alpine town we had tucked into the Commonwealth estates from last year.   Not only was it charming, but it offered amazing views overlooking the surrounding regions, along with some great opportunities to participate in winter sports.
 
I figured a good place to tuck this area in would be Regional Airport, which has tons of space north of the actual airport.
There are certain differences in terraforming large varraregions, I have found that areas come out rather square.... it all has be fixed.

This is a learning process for me... I am doing most of the work myself and keeping distance from the already halfway completed regional airport. I am hoping it will be a nice view to fly near the ski area...
 
I was able to take a few pics of the work in progress... check it out...
 
 
 
 See what I mean about the square terraforms? Will be fixed after all buildings are in...

Notice the somewhat subtle terrain change from snow to grass...


The mountaintop.  Crowned by a ski lodge and dotted around it with sweet cabins for rent.




Wait til you see the inside of this... Doc Falworth's contribution to our ski area... A frame quadplex... there will be several, so plenty of places to stay on your virtual skication...


 
 
 
 
 
I will be studying how ski towns are laid out but until then I have started a tiny village... so far, we have a chapel, a holiday store and a cafĂ©... and yes, we will have a ski shop of course!  Trying to keep it old lodge western in theme... we will see...  Please stay tuned for more as time allows!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment