Saturday, November 8, 2014

New Fun Residential Area! Shabby Estates!

With the airport near completion, it was time to start thinking about the rest of our first varregion in Heritage.  As reported earlier, the north-east portion is being made into a cozy ski resort with cabins, a main street and some nature trails.
 
 
I decided to take a bit of a break from that project. What to do with the rest of the region?  As Burke and I had discussed, we thought that the region may be good with mixed commercial/housing.
 
 
And suddenly, it seemed so right to fit a fabulous fifties street adjacent to the airport. It fits well next to the somewhat grimy industrial airport area, but yet is fun and lighthearted.
So introducing the upstart community, Shabby Shack Estates.  A block of identical, ticky-tacky one bedroom cottages with a fun little mall and park.
 
I also have procured a new free rental script and portioned off the lots so renters can have media rights.
 
The mall has a retro diner, hair salon, market, burger drive in, and ice cream stand. I am thinking of stocking another store with furniture, so renters can easily decorate their homes.
A playground is in the works across from the mall. What’s next? Maybe a little school and gas station.
This is a construction zone, but anyone is free to come visit the work in progress.

 

A snazzy diner, large ice cream cone stand sock hop and salon are just some of the hightlights of this mid centry googie mall.

An upstanding school like I attended,  including a large lunchroom.  Under construction.

Get your flamingo on!  I am hanging in a chair near the beer!  I don't drink in RL but you can make mine an ice cold Shlitz!
 
Need bridge!  LOL!
 
Today I started an even more exciting project at Regional Airport.  I am building a twisty, turny road that winds through the Heritage Forest.  I stopped as I got to place needing a bridge. So far, its coming out amazing. I cannot wait to try my car on this road, but first... need to make signs, build guardrails and oh yes!   A bridge.
 
More later!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment