Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Freebies in Mizu East

 
 
Hypergrid address:


lpgrid.com:8002:Mizu East
 
 
 
 
 
We decided early into the project that we wanted an Asian area in Heritage.  I love the colors and the terrain of Asian landscapes, the luscious art, the beauty and the restraint, the stylized symmetry, it all speaks to me and, in my mind,  is perfect for virtual.
 
However, I didn't want to just offer a barren area with nothing to do. It seems to me there is plenty of "nothing to do" regions. 
 
I realized early on I wanted to do a large shopping area in Hoshi Mizu, the Asian cluster of Heritage.
 
I stylized a shopping mall based on my first store I rented in Second Life. It had a simple and elegant open-air mall with many reflecting ponds, places to hang out, meet new friends, and yes... shop!
 
Unlike the greed of Second Life, our Asian Shopping mall is full of freebies! Yes, I have been collecting Asian freebies across the metaverse, and I plan to find more. 
 
Right now I have an assortment of decorating, landscaping, and clothing goods here and I am already thinking of what else to add.
 
There are quite a few open spots for vendors here. We can even set up a VirWox terminal here in the future for vendors who want to charge for their wares.
 
I hope you come visit. Stores are anywhere from quite small if you only have a few things to the whole top floor of Hoshi Freebies, so please come check it out, to shop or to sell...
 
 
Below -- Inside Hoshi Freebies... lots of home goods here, all free.
 
 

 
  A fully stocked outdoor pagoda with Buddhas and screens and such...
 

One of several tranquil reflecting pools in this region...

 
 
 Corner stores and a pagoda store available for rent, or a tea house maybe??

Below, one of the two rows of anchor shops in the region

 
 
Some of the Asian themed furniture.  I shall be adding some rugs soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment